It is very important to understand that the number of people affected worldwide by arthritis is increasing by day. Research has shown that about two-third of the people below the age of 65 suffer from this condition. Even children living in the United States are affected by arthritis in large numbers. The prevalence of this disorder is quite higher compared to other diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and AIDS.
A group of about 100 autoimmune diseases that cause significant damage to joints and tissues is known as arthritis. The primary symptoms of arthritis include joint stiffness and pain. This disease can also cause significant damage to internal organs of the body. If an individual suffering from arthritis does not engage in some kind of physical activity, the chances of further harm gets increased. This calls for the need of exercise and its other forms like yoga.
Yoga is useful for managing the symptoms related to arthritis and offers natural joint pain remedies. It is important to understand the usefulness of lubricating that joints for keeping them active for the day to day activities. If regular physical therapy is lacking, they are bound to become stiffer and cause immense pain. Therefore, exercise in the form of yoga can be very useful for people who are affected by this condition. If yoga is practiced in a regular basis, the joints become more flexible. With days, they will also function in the normal way. Yoga also helps in the circulation of the synovial fluid into the crevices and chinks present inside the joints.
Yoga Asanas for Arthritis
To relieve joint pain in case of arthritis, here are some of the asanas you must try.
- Trikon asana: This particular asana is very useful for sciatica and back pain. It will help in stretching the body posture and in turn strengthen the arms, chest, and spine. This will improve the equilibrium of the body. If you experience immense back pain, you must practice this asana.
- Veerabhadr asana: This particular asana is useful for strengthening the lower back and arm legs. If you feel that your shoulders are extremely stiff, this asana will help in improving the flexibility. If you have trouble holding the posture, try taking some knee support in that case.
- Setu Bandh asana: This posture will facilitate the strengthening of your back muscles. It also effectively stretches the spine, chest, and neck to increase flexibility. If you are looking for managing the symptoms related to Osteoporosis or provide relive to back pain, this asana is the one for you.
- Vriksh asana: You must try this posture to toughen your back and legs. This will in turn help in improving the balance. Though, people with migraine or high blood pressure must be condemned from trying this asana.
- Marjari asana: This asana provides a complete posture which promotes strength and flexibility of the entire body which includes the shoulders, wrists, and spine. It is also very beneficial for blood circulation.
As exercise is an important daily routine, you need to follow when suffering from arthritis, try out these effective asanas for as a way of relieving your pain.